Photoaging is the result of compounding daily prolong sun exposure to your skin over many years. It starts in the childhood years. It is very important to protect our skin at any age. As parents and grandparents we need to be mindful to protect our little ones. As we get older, we spend time and money correcting UVA (age rays), UVB (burn rays) and skin damage from the younger years.
At Aesthetics By Eileen Laser and Skin Care Medical Spa we have designed a program that specifically can lessen and erase photoaged, sundamaged skin, bringing back the “Youthfully You.” We want to cycle out the old skin and replace it with healthy glowing skin. Skin cycling is 5 easy treatments. It’s 5 treatments for 5 weeks in a row. Best part no pain, no downtime, and no numbing cream. Skin Cycling is using photo-thermal energy known as IPL (Intense Pulse light) or BBL (Broadbrand light). Specific settings are used and tailored to each individual.
What kind of results can one expect?
- Evens out skin texture and tone
- Erases, eliminates and lessens brown spots and age spots
- Lessens red skin tones, rosacea
- Lessens red and browns
- Lessens fine lines and wrinkles
- Lessens pore size
- Allow your skin to have a youthful glow at any age
Eileen’s actual patient
How do we measure your results?
We use the Visia Complexion Analysis. Everyone gets a Visia before we start the Skin cycling program and 2 weeks after the 5 treatments are completed. All results are quantified through the Visia. We get very excited to compare your before and after photos (the proof is in the pudding!).
Is pretreatment recommended?
In some cases a skin care regiment or a chemical peel is recommended prior to your skin cycling. Individual treatment plans are discussed during your consultation. Our goals are to accomplish your skin care goals. Understanding everyone is different, we pride ourselves on our results. The importance of pretreatment will bring about synergistic results. Specific products may be recommended depending on one’s individual needs.
Any special instructions before my treatment?
Come to the office free of makeup. When you get to the office and need to remove your make up let us assist you. The procedure should take 15-20 minutes, sunscreen applied. It’s an easy lunchtime procedure, you’re back to work or play in 20 minutes.
We have many of our own successful before and after results to share with you during your consultation.
Beautiful Skin is always in style!!
Pre & Post Care for Skin Cycling Treatments
Please follow these instructions for best results.
- Notify your provider with any changes to your health history or medications (antibiotics, vitamins, supplement, etc.) since your last appointment. Any of the aforementioned may make your skin photosensitive and therefore we may not be able to treat your skin for 1-2 weeks after completion of the medication.
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved on the treatment area.
- No sun tanning or self-tanners 2 weeks prior to treatment on area being treated.
- Includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Avoid any irritants to your skin, such as products containing retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, or astringents, for 1 week before your treatment.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.).
- Most patients benefit from beginning a medical grade skin care routine, if not already using one, prior to starting Skin Cycling. Please ask one of our practitioners which products would be best for you.
Day of Treatment
- Please do not wear makeup on the day of treatment on the area being treated.
- Unlike traditional IPL laser treatments, Skin Cycling is a weekly, specific range of wavelengths, with a variety of energies program. The treatments should be completed once weekly. If for some reason you cannot complete the 5 totals treatments in the 5 week time span your unused appointments will be forfeited. Topical numbing cream is not needed.
Immediately After Treatment
- Avoid sun exposure. To protect your skin use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen of at least 30 SPF to prevent further sun damage and also remember to reapply every 90 minutes.
- Avoid heat (hot tubs, saunas, etc.) & exercise for 48 hours.
- Avoid skin irritants/exfoilants (see examples listed below) for 5 days after treatment. If the lesion treated has no redness present then you may proceed with exfoliating products.
- Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, scrubs, etc.
- Do not wax, tweeze, or use depilatory to the treated area for 1 week post treatment.
- During your first few treatments, treated sun spots usually darken and crusting begins to form within a few days. This crusting will begin to flake off and will resolve in 1 to 2 weeks. You may gently exfoliate with Aesthetics by Eileen Clarifying Brightening Polish after the first week. Body parts other than the face will take longer to shed dead skin cells.
- Once the superficial pigmentation has been removed from your skin, the continuing weeks will target deeper damage and may not cause flaking. This is normal and your skin is still improving.
- You may experience redness and swelling the first 1-3 days. This is normal and will resolve with time.
- Applying ice for 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, taking Zyrtec daily, and sleeping elevated will help the healing process.
- Notify us of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.).