“An ounce of Prevention is worth a pound of Cure”
If your face is beginning to hollow, choose Sculptra collagen booster that can be injected during your regular visit.
Injecting Sculptra deep under the skin in a single booster injection will help keep your inner structure support system of collagen from deteriorating. This will help prevent thinning and diminishing of your own collagen at all ages. The structure under the skin will dictate how you will age. Keeping that strong and healthy is your best preventive measure. To learn more make an appointment for a complementary consultation or ask us during your next appointment for more info.
Sculptra is an excellent choice for patients that have hollowing out areas on their face. Sometimes patients burn up the HA (hyaluronic acid) fillers . Especially those that work out a lot and are very thin. Scupltra will thicken your own collagen fibers to help prevent volume loss and bring about a more youthful you. As we age our collagen gets thinner. Building a stronger collagen network will help you keep a more youthful look. Diminished fat pad, bone loss and lack of collagen all contribute to how we will age. The depletion of inner structure will accelerate aging.
Sculptra Aesthetic is not an overnight miracle, but it is long lasting. A full treatment of Sculptra Aesthetic, an average of three injection sessions over a few months, gradually improves the overall appearance of facial wrinkles and folds and can last more than two years in some patients. Sculptra Aesthetic is a type of facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace lost collagen in the deep dermis. Sculptra Aesthetic helps correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles, and folds, that appear with aging by replacing lost collagen. The main ingredient is a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material that has been used by physicians for decades.
Learn more with a complimentary consultation if this treatment is right for you.
Real Clients, Real Results!
Eileen’s Experience Counts:
In 2005, Eileen participated in an injection program with Sculptra to treat mid face volume loss in HIV patients with great success. In 2007, Sculptra was FDA approved for cosmetic use and Eileen began using Sculptra for the loss of facial volume. Eileen’s patients who have a “runners face” or lost a lot of weight in their face typically are pleased with the gradual and long lasting results of Sculptra. When other dermal fillers do not last, Scupltra is a great option. Eileen recommends that new patients make a complimentary consultation appointment to discuss the different treatment options and results that can be achieved with each dermal filler.
“Excited to add the Sculptra Collagen Booster. Great way to keep the collagen from thinning and collapsing. We all will age differently. This will help keep the youth glow with less volume loss.”
Pre & Post Care for Sculptra Injectable Treatments
Please follow these instructions for best results.
Before Your Treatment
- 7 Days Before Your Treatment (to prevent bruising): AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Turmeric, Ginko Biloba, St. John’s Wart, and Omega-3 Fish Oil.
- 3 Days Before Your Treatment: AVOID topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or any “Anti-aging” products. Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- 24 Hours Before Your Treatment: AVOID alcoholic beverages and exercise (to limit risk of bruising).
- Do not use Sculptra if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its compound ingredients, or have a history of keloid formation.
Day of Your Treatment
- Notify your provider with any changes to your health history or medications (antibiotics, vitamins, supplement, etc) since your last appointment. This includes new autoimmune conditions, cancer treatments, recent vaccinations, and/or recent or upcoming dental procedures.
- Please do not wear makeup on the day of treatment on the area being treated.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness following injection. This can last for a few hours up to a few days.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some localized bruising may be visible.
Tips for Decreasing Bruising
- Consume fresh pineapple (contains the enzyme bromelain). Bromelain is a naturally occurring anti-inflammatory that can decrease swelling, tenderness, pain, and bruising.
- Start OTC Vitamin C 1, 000 mg supplements 2x/day (AM and PM) 1 week before your appointment. This will help strengthen the walls of your blood vessels.
- Consider starting OTC supplement Arnica the week of your appointment as it has been shown to decrease inflammation and bruising after treatment.
After Your Treatment
- Massage the treated area(s) for 5 minutes, 5 times per day for 5 days after treatment.
- Within the first 24 hours after your treatment, apply ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
- Please wait to apply makeup until tomorrow.
- You may shower and/or continue with other regular daily activities.
- Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours to a few days after your treatment.