” What is the difference between HydrafacialMD and Microdermabrasion? “
Microdermabrasion: No downtime, non laser treatment
- A very popular treatment in the anti aging industry; but over the years it’s popularity has dwindled.
- The hand piece removes dead skin cells triggering cell turn over which slows down as we age.
- Removing dead skin cells gives the skin a smooth, glowing appearance. The suction from the vacuum helps provide a detoxifying treatment.
- When done in a series microdermabrasion can help acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and even stretch marks.
- A glycolic acid peel can be used to prep this skin for maximum benefits.
HydrafacialMD: No downtime, non laser treatment
- The first step in the facial is exfoliation with an abrasive tip that is also simultaneously pushing a cleansing solution into the skin. The suction pulls the cleansing solution and dead layers away from the skin into a waste container.
- After the skin is thoroughly cleansed and exfoliated a mild chemical peel is applied to help loosen up any congestion or debris in the pores.
- A higher level of suction is used in the areas with congestion to extract blackheads, oil, dry skin, etc. to help the pores appear smaller.
- The final step is an infusion of antioxidants, peptides, and hyaluronic acid; restoring skin’s moisture while improving elasticity.
- Hydrafacial also has a number of amazing upgrades to customize to your skin’s specific needs including hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, redness, facial fluid retention, and stem cell technology for anti aging.Great results can be seen by patients of all skin types with the exception of active acne lesions.
Left Microdermabrasion / Right HydrafacialMD