Delicious, juicy, and colorful! Indulge yourself this season with oranges.
Oranges are mostly known as being a good source of Vitamin C, tasting good and having positive health benefits. However, Did you know that oranges are also one of the most important natural skin-care products?
Why are they good for your skin?
Oranges contain Vitamin A and C, phytonutrients, potassium, folate, fibre, and calcium. Oranges toning properties improve your skin texture and color. Both Vitamin C and citric acid in oranges restore collagen in your body.
- Antioxidant – Protect skin cells from free radical damage
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps build the immune system
- Plays a key role in the formation of collagen which is the support system of your skin (Collagen is what we want after our fraxel treatment and basically we want it all the time)
When are they the best?
- Seasonal Naval oranges harvested October-February
- Seasonal Temple oranges harvested Feb-March
If you want to learn more about the history of the wondrous orange click here!
Eating oranges are fun but you need more than just the delicious fruit to keep your skin looking young. Check out some of our skin treatments and skincare products to help you keep that healthy glow year round. To help you even more we offer monthly specials!
When choosing who to trust with your skin care, experience does matter! At my practice, we invest in our patients. We offer a thorough consultation, proper photography, a Visia Complexion Analysis and we ensure all settings on our equipment are adjusted and set properly to your skin type and concerns in order to reach your goals together! Call our office today to learn more. We hope to hear from you. 919-881-2100