DERMAL FILLERS: PRE & POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
– 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: AVOID topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or any “anti-aging” products. Also AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
– 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising): AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules. Please note: If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of Aspirin.
-Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
– Inform us if you have a history of Cold Sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
– Do not use Dermal Fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders.
Day of Treatment
– Arrive to the office with a “clean face”. Please do not wear makeup. You may bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
– To maximize your comfort during the procedure, a topical anesthetic may be applied, please ask at arrival and come 30 minutes earlier than appointment, as it takes 30-45 minutes to work, especially lips
– You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
Immediately After Treatment
– Redness and swelling are normal. Bruising may also be visible.
– You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last for a few hours or a few days.
– Depending upon the area(s) treated and product(s) used, you may feel “firmness” in the treated area(s) for 1 to 2 weeks after treatment. Over time, the area(s) will soften and “settle