The VI Peels
Anyone (all skin types) who wants younger looking, healthier skin will benefit from the VI Peel. VI Peel can improve tone, texture and clarity of skin by reducing or eliminating sun and age spots and melasma, hyperpigmentation, reducing pore size, softening lines and wrinkles, and clearing acne conditions. VI Peel will also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin to make skin firmer and younger looking. Patients report that the VI Peel is virtually painfree and that healing time is minimal with slight redness possible. The treatment takes only about 20 minutes. It is most effective on the face, neck, chest, arms, and legs.
The Precision Peel
The Precision Peel is made from the same synergistic blend of ingredients as the VI Peel, but at a higher concentration, for a peel that is about 25% stronger than a VI Peel. Precision is an excellent addition for treating stubborn hyper pigmentation including melasma, actinic keratosis and age spots on hands, arms or chest. The Precision Peel is to be used in conjunction with the VI Peel.
The Precision Peel Plus
VI’s latest breakthough for age-defying, radiant skin is Precision Peel Plus. Key Ingredients: Retinoic Acid to trigger peeling and unclog the pores while boosting collagen and elastin. Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant to mitigate the damaging effects of UV exposure and remove toxins Hydroquinone to bleach and inhibit pigmentation and melasma while exfoliating to create a glowing even skin tone. Kojic Acid aids in fighting discoloration and brightens the complexion. Hydrocortisone to sooth and reduce redness.
VI Peel Acne
VI Peel Acne contains the original peel formula plus these powerful ingredients for superior, consistent results.
• Benzoyl Peroxide removes bacteria, clears the pores & increases cell turnover
• Salicylic Acid: causes the cells of the epidermis to shed, opening clogged pores and neutralizing the bacteria within while constricting the pore diameter to prevent further clogging
• Vitamin C: A powerful antioxidant to remove toxins from the environment
• Kojic Acid: brightens skin and reduces acne scars
Helps provide vibrant, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime. For maximum results, the Illuminize Peel can be received every two weeks until desired results are achieved. Results are cumulative and optimal benefits are seen with a series of three or more peels.
SkinMedica Vitalize Peel
Smooth the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and roughness. See noticeable results after just one peel and compelling results after three to six peels. Can be repeated every 3-4 weeks. Moderate peeling to be expected.
SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel
Smooth the appearance of severe fine lines, wrinkles and roughness. See noticeable results after just one peel and compelling results after three to six peels. Can be repeated every 4-6 weeks. Deep peeling to be expected.
Skin Ceuticals Peels
MicroPeel for Sensitive Skin
Formulated with niacin, lactic acid, and usnic acid, Micropeel Sensitive Skin Solution gently exfoliates all types of skin, decongests pores, hydrates skin, and helps improves the appearance of photodamage.
Micropeel 20, 30
Contains unbuffered, unneutralized glycolic acid at a low pH to help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dullness, visible skin imperfections, and visible signs of photodamage.
Micropeel Plus 20, 30
Formulated with a combination of salicylic acid which refines pores and help reduce the appearance of acne, and glycolic acid, which aids in the improvement of rough texture, blotchiness, and uneven skin tone. One week following a MPP procedure, skin will undergo its renewal process and light to moderate peeling may occur.
Advanced Corrective Peel
This clinical-grade peel contains a highly-concentrated blend of salicylic and lactic acid with a maximized concentration of phenylethyl resorcinol, to help refine texture and reduce the appearance of discoloration associated with photoaging, hormones, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Pigment Balancing Peel
Targeting the appearance of uneven skin tone to improve photodamage and acne-related discoloration. Pigment Balancing Peel combines brightening agents with a peeling solution.
Pre & Post Care for Chemical Peels
Please follow these instructions for best results.
- Notify your provider with any changes to your health history or medications (antibiotics, vitamins, supplement, etc) since your last appointment. Avoid any irritants to your skin, such as products containing retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, or astringents, for 1 week before your treatment.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc).
- **If you are allergic to Aspirin, please disclose to your provider.
Day of Treatment
- Please do not wear makeup on the day of treatment on the area being treated.
- You may have a slight orange/yellow tint to your skin immediately after the peel has been applied. This will fade over the next few hours.
- Approximately 48 to 72 hours after treatment, your skin may start to peel. It will start around your mouth and move outward to the hairline. This peeling will generally last approximately 5 to 7 days. DO NOT PICK OR PULL THE SKIN. This will keep your skin from hyperpigmenting (becoming darker since it is not ready to come off).
- You will be instructed to cleanse you face twice daily with a gentle cleanser (Elta MD Foaming Cleanser) and apply Cicalfate to the skin twice daily while you are peeling. This will moisten the skin and enhance your healing process. Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray can be used as often as you would like to keep the skin moist and healing well. It will also help with irritation.
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen of at least 30 SPF to prevent further sun damage for the next 2 weeks. Reapply every 90 minutes during sun exposure.
- Do not exfoliate until you are done peeling (day 7 post procedure). At this time, you may gently exfoliate with Aesthetics By Eileen Clarifying Brightening Polish.
- An antihistamine like Benadryl or Zyrtec may be taken to reduce itchiness. Cicalfate and Avene Thermal Spring Water is also helpful.
- Avoid heat (hot tubs, saunas, etc) for at least 7 days.
- Avoid skin irritants (see examples listed below) 1 week post treatment.
- Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicyclic acids, astringents, etc.
- Do not wax, tweeze, or use depilatory creams to the treated area for 1 week post treatment.
- Do not wear makeup while your skin is peeling.
- Multiple treatments may be required for optimal benefits and results. Discuss with your provider.