BOTOX, Dysport, Xeomin PRE & POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
– 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: AVOID topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or other “anti-aging” products. Also AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
– 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising): AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
– Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
– Inform us if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
– Do not use BOTOX, Dysport, Xeomin if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Day of Treatment
– Arrive to the office with a “clean face”. Please do not wear makeup. You may bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
-You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
– Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
– You may experience some tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last for a few hours or a few days. You may have bruises in the areas treated.
Immediately After Treatment
– It is best to try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows, and squinting). This helps to work BOTOX, Dysport, Xeomin into your muscles.
– Stay in a vertical position for four hours following injection. DO NOT “rest your head” or lie down; sit upright.
– You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
-Once you have adequately cooled/iced the area(s) as instructed and any pinpoint bleeding from the injection site(s) has subsided, you may begin wearing makeup.
– AVOID placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few days; when cleansing your face or applying make-up, be very gentle.